Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Joy of Pregnancy (Blessings #20)

Well - it has been awhile huh? This whole being tired symptom of pregnancy is in full force - combined with the fact I spent all day at work on a computer, our computer at home is being neglected. I apologize and promise to try and be better! :)

Last Friday I did go to the doctor. I misunderstood the nurse, though. She said we would schedule the ultrasound on Friday, not actually have one. A little disappointing, but it gives us something to look forward to at the next ultrasound - which Chip will get to go to - scheduled for Friday, May 8th. They took my levels and they were 348! The goal was at least up by 60% and they went up by a little over 100%! YEA!! God has given me such peace and comfort and i am so grateful. The power of prayer is still being felt each and every day.

I flew home last Saturday morning and have love being home with Chip and the girls. I have been busy at work, so that has taken my mind off of waiting for the next appointment.

As of today, I am officially 5 weeks and 1 day pregnant. I have had a bit of nausea at times, mostly it is just the chest aching and being tired. Chip has been and is so sweet and encourages me to just relax. I've been doing a pretty good job at that - the girls like relaxing with me.

I am so excited about hearing the heartbeat and seeing how many babies are in the oven next Friday. I have a feeling about how many we are having and what sex they will be. That is my secret though - I will be just as happy being wrong as I am if I am right. We leave for a family cruise on Saturday, so it will be a great way to kick off our trip. According the books and websites I've read, the morning sickness starts to really kick in at the 6 week mark. I will be following Kathy's advice and eat protein so I don't get as sick. If I do, that is okay. I can blame it on the boat.

I am embracing being pregnant and subscribed to a pregnancy newsletter yesterday. It's very cool - this week we are growing the heart (and other things as well). Pretty cool!

:::

In other news, my friend Kathy had her twins, Corey and Peyton, on Tuesday, April 28th - which is also her sister's birthday! They are ABSOLUTELY gorgeous and perfect!

My other friend, Julie, did a frozen embryo transfer the week after our embryo transfer and got her test results back Tuesday - she is pregnant! She has been trying for so long and I am SO very excited for her!!

Other than that - my life right now consists of sleep, work, dinner, couch, sleep and some walking around and doing light housework (dishes, laundry, dog duty). Of course - and growing healthy babies!! I am so grateful that God has blessed us!! This weekend we are looking at houses, so we'll see what happens. Also, I made my first regular OB appointment for the Monday after our cruise (May 18th). Very exciting!

:::

Blessings
  1. God blessing us
  2. Pregnancy symptoms
  3. Being home
  4. Awesome coworkers
  5. Enjoying the moment

No comments: