Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Power of Prayer (Blessings #19)

The power of prayer is really amazing! God is so faithful and has blessed us so much. These babies are so prayed for, loved and are truly a gift from God. I went to the doctor yesterday morning for the blood test. My favorite nurse told me she would know maybe by noon, but it might be by 4. She called me at 10:30 to tell me that I AM DEFINITELY PREGNANT! Praise God!!! They said the minimum my levels could be are 50 and mine are 172. I think this means twins ;)! Either way, I am ecstatic and so thankful!

Of course, I called Chip first, then my parents and friends. Needless to say, lots of happy thoughts and prayers! I go back Friday to make sure my levels have increased by at least 60% and then they will do an ultrasound to see how many sacs there are. So - Friday we will know how many buns are in the oven.

What is your guess? One baby or two

:::

I also was able to spend the day with my friend, Amy, and her family. We had a great time and they even treated me to lunch from Chick-Fil-A. They were there when the nurse called and prayed over me. It was so sweet and means so much to me that they did that!

After I picked Mom up from lunch, we went to get a dipped cone in celebration from Dairy Queen. Her boss even gave her Thursday off! We picked up Miss Sallie and then headed to Pickles & Ice Cream for some retail celebrating. It was so fun to model with the bump pillows so I could see what I would look like in 3 months and 7 months! WOW!! I am definitely set on some cute clothes for awhile and am so grateful for that. After shopping, we are dinner with church friends at the Mellow Mushroom. It was very tasty! Then home to bed - I was exhausted!

Blessings
  1. the amazing power of prayer
  2. the gift from God - a positive pregnancy test
  3. celebrating
  4. telling Chip he's going to be a daddy and how happy he is
  5. sweet text messages of congratulations

1 comment:

kristen said...

Praise God is right!! You two are going to make the most wonderful parents! ;-) Now come back!!