Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bluebonnets and Babies (Blessings #6)

Today was super, duper busy! I am so tired - I know that I will sleep soundly tonight.

I had my doctor appointment this morning to take my E2 blood levels. The doctor's office called me back about 5:30 this evening and said that my levels were 420 (or maybe 402 - I don't really remember which one it was). The nurse sounded surprised by this because I guess it is a little higher than what they were expecting. It is NOT a bad thing - my body is just responding really well to the medication. This means that I will go in tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. for another E2 level and a sonogram. They also told me that I needed to decrease my Follistim from 100 to 50 units. The Menopur and Lupron stay the same (2 vials and 0.10 cc respectively). I am excited to see my little follicles and get a picture of them.

After my doctor's appointment, Mom and I went to run errands. We ran to McKinney to CJ Riley and I got some super cute clothes - skirts, dresses and a couple of shirts that fit me now, but are "flowy," so they will fit me through the 1st and into the 2nd trimester. After that, we met my friend, Sheryl, and her sweet daughter, Shaye, for lunch at La Madeleine. YUM! After lunch, we did some shopping at Sam Moon. I missed that place - it's better for my pocketbook that it is NOT in Pittsburgh.

We wrapped up the day by going to Costco so I could get a Sonicare toothbrush for Chip and me, went by Kathy's dad shop and had dinner (homemade guac) at Anamia's.


Blessings for the Day
  1. Bluebonnets when driving on Texas freeways
  2. Sweet salespeople at CJ Riley and dreaming about a big pregnant belly
  3. Meeting and catching up with a friend I haven't seen in years and being able to pick up just like it was yesterday
  4. Feeling completely surrounded by prayer
  5. Good news from the doctor and getting to have my ultrasound a day early :)

No comments: