Thursday, March 26, 2009

Count Your Many Blessings - Day One

"May the God of your father help you;May the Almighty bless you with the blessings of the heavens above,and blessings of the watery depths below,and blessings of the breasts and womb." - Genesis 49:25

"You will experience all these blessings if you obey the Lord your God." Deuteronomy 28:2

"I do everything to spread the Good News and share in its blessings." - I Corinthians 9:23

Have you ever noticed that the events that happen in our life are all a matter of perspective? We can look at a given situation and choose to have a good (even great) attitude and look at the positive or we can choose to have a bad attitude and focus on the negative. For me, personally, focusing on the negative doesn't do a whole lot of good for how I feel. Sure, things that really just stink happen, but stinky things happen in every one's lives. I want to be positive and focus on the good. I am making a concentrated effort to focus on the good - on my everyday blessings.

There is actually a website where you can track your blessings (by a link to your blog) and read other people's blessings. I have joined the website and the challenge/goal is to write down five blessings every day for 365 days.

I feel that by doing this I will be less likely to focus on when my feelings get hurt, or when something stinky happens and it will reduce stress and make me a happier person. I feel that I am a pretty happy person - however - I do get my feelings hurt easily and I want to not do that. I want to show God's grace on others in the same way that He showers me with grace everyday. An incident happened a few days ago where my feelings got hurt and, really, it wasn't about me and nor should it have been. Venting about it only made me feel worse. So, I am building a bridge and getting over it (as my wise Granma Water would have said).

Today is my first post so here goes:
  1. My sweet and supportive husband
  2. The financial ability to do IVF
  3. Supportive friends and family through this entire process
  4. The hope of a baby (or two!)
  5. Peace in my heart that it will work...

No comments: