Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Peace

With everything that is going on, anyone that knows me would think that I would be anything but peaceful. However, that is what I feel. Complete and total peace. Confidence. Excitement. I don't want to be so caught up in the worry and struggle to GET pregnant that I can't enjoy BEING pregnant. I want to enjoy every moment of the BEING and HAVING. Being pregnant and having a precious baby (or two!).

I read the following quote on this blog and it so fits. (I also happen to totally love that blog's photography - sister has SKILLZ and is amazing!)

"Peace - it does not mean to be in a place with no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart." - unknown

That quote pretty much sums it up. God has placed a peace and calm in my heart. There is absolutely no way I could feel this way without Him. I would not be able to handle this any other way.

In another show of God's wonderful plan, my home church is having a Women's Retreat right when I get home. The best part is (other than the people and the message of course) that it is at the church! I am so excited for this StayCation (the name of the retreat). It is sure to be amazing and will help further my relationship with God. I am so grateful and blessed!

I am also beyond blessed by my family and friends. They are INCREDIBLE! Just when I need a lift, they message me on Facebook, send me an email or text, or say just the right words to show they support me when I am standing in their office. I must say - I was so nervous about opening up about our IVF journey. I am so surprised by how supportive and wonderful everyone has been. When I think about it though, it isn't a surprise. My friends and family - they are God-given and amazing! Thank ya'll!

No comments: