Monday, March 30, 2009

Happy Monday Not Manic Monday (Blessings #5)

Today was another awesome day! I am pretty darn happy here in Texas - other than missing Chip and the girls like crazy!

I got up super early and picked up Starbucks for Mary any myself using a gift card Mom gave me. Mary was super sweet and squeezed me in for a desperately needed teeth cleaning. The drugs I'm on are making my teeth more sensitive and messing with my gums. Who knew? Anyway, I now need to get a Sonicare toothbrush, floss every night (which I should be doing anyway) and go back in 3-4 months for another cleaning. We don't have dental insurance right now, so I was expecting it to be a bit high. It wasn't - they gave me the family rate. What a blessing! Thank you, Mary!

I did take some bark off the tree next to my parent's driveway trying to back Dad's truck out - luckily no damage to the tree (other than the bark) or Dad's truck. Note to self - don't try to back out a different way than normal, it won't work!

After that, I played on Craigslist (being humble with God's money) looking for stuff and looked at baby stuff online and hung out with my parents. SO CUTE! Then - a nap. See - I can relax!!

The best part of my day was going to Niki's for dinner with my Mom (after which I got my shots) and then to my LifeGroup! I have missed these ladies SO much!! It's not the same being in PA and doing the study - it's better to see their smiling faces. I adore them! Tonight, they laid hands on me and prayed for "sticky babies" (my term for the twins that will be implanted), protection, continued peace and success. I love them! I have never had that done before and the feeling is pretty awesome. I have been blessed to not have been in an instance where I needed that prayer before - I have been feeling and continue to feel a protection around me and a true sense of peace and certainty. I know this is because of God and the power of prayer. I am a blessed girl!

Tomorrow is another doctor's appointment - this time they will just do blood work and give me the list of how much of the meds to take. Please pray that everything works just the way it is supposed to work for IVF.

Blessings for Today
  1. Niki's Italian dressing and Blue Bell Cookies and Cream ice cream (not together)
  2. Mary fitting me in to clean my teeth and being charged the family rate - so appreciated!
  3. Getting to see my dear friends at Bible Study - I love ya'll!
  4. Being prayed over with hands laid on me ... incredible blessing and something I will always remember. My friends - they are so faithful!
  5. A phone call from Kathy to check on me - so sweet, especially since she is pregnant and due in a few short weeks with Peyton and Corey!

No comments: