Friday, March 27, 2009

Blessings #2

Today I made it to Texas! I am here for two to three weeks as I go through the IVF process. It is an exciting time and I am so amazed every day!!

I have so many blessings today that it is hard to narrow it down to just five! I will try though. :)
  1. A safe flight and meeting a lovely woman who lives near us in Pittsburgh
  2. Seeing my Grandmother in the nursing home. As hard as it is to see her like this (Stage 2 Alzheimer's), I am happy that she is still with us.
  3. Spending some quality time with my Dad and taking a much needed nap. (It was worth losing sleep last night to spend time with Chip and watch him rock as a goalie - and watch Grey's and Private Practice together on the couch with the girls.)
  4. An awesome doctor's appointment. My nurse is amazing and so very sweet! I adore her and she is great at explaining EVERYTHING to us, which I so appreciate. The sonogram went well - they saw a small cyst (totally normal) and my estrogen level needed to be below 75 (cysts give off estrogen) to start stimulation drugs tomorrow. The nurse called and the estrogen level is 50.2! God gave me great peace today that it would ALL be okay and it was! So - this means I start Follistim (1 cc) and Menopur (2 vials) tomorrow and decrease my Lupron from 0.20 cc to 0.10 cc. My next appointment is Tuesday at 8:30 a.m.
  5. Spending time with my sweet nephew, brother and sister in law (and my parents). AND StayCation women's retreat starts tonight at our church in Texas.

I am missing Chip and the girls. However, two to three weeks is a short time and worth it knowing the end result. Chip will be able to come for a couple of days so that will be awesome and I can't wait to see him!

No comments: