Saturday, September 27, 2008

Mamma Mia!

The past week has been massively and wonderfully busy. My Mom came to visit Tuesday and left this afternoon. We had such a great time! I got completely spoiled and enjoyed every minute of quality time with my Mom. In cool, bulleted form, this is what we did (Mom, our friend Elizabeth and me):
  • Tuesday - lunch in Robinson (town over from us), shopping at Robinson Mall, yummy dinner at Buca di Beppo with my sweet husband, Mom and me.
  • Wednesday - OFF TO OHIO! We visited Amish Country and went shopping in Sugarcreek and Walnut Creek. We went through three states in one day (twice) - Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Ohio. Gorgeous drive - totally loved it!
  • Thursday - We checked out the Fiesta Outlet in West Virginia and the TJ Maxx Home Goods store in Ohio. It was so much fun - of course, our day was not complete without a Krispy Kreme donut. AND THEN - the most fun part. We went home and got ready. Mom and I headed out to the Duquesne Incline, followed by dinner at Georgetown Inn and then we saw Wicked the Musical. It was so "ozsome!" I understand why everyone who sees it loves it so much. Absolutely incredible! Chip stayed home with the girls - he is so wonderful!
  • Friday - I think we were all exhausted - I know - hard to believe! We went to Trax Farms Market, Ross Park Mall and the Galleria. I love all of the interesting little stores that have such cute things! We finished off with dinner with Chip at Eat 'n Park and Bruster's Ice Cream. MMM good!
  • Saturday (today) - Mom, Chip and I slept in and then headed off to lunch so Mom could have a REAL cheesesteak. DELISH! We went to Wal-Mart after lunch and then took Mom to the airport so she could catch her flight. We love you, Mom!

We really did have a great and busy week! The girls loved my Mom being here - Izzie slept with Mom at night - so sweet! The girls do need some extra walks from all the spoiling they received from Grandma. I also will post pictures soon - the leaves are changing and WOW! Absolutely breathtaking. It is amazing to see God's handiwork in nature.

No comments: