Tuesday, June 9, 2009

10 Week Doctor Appointment Update (Blessings #27)

I just realized I never updated about the doctor's visit.... here goes. Despite a rough start (time confusion), the visit went awesome! Chip and I barely had to wait. The nurse who helped us was incredibly sweet and kind. Dr. G came in and asked all of the normal questions, checked out stuff and then - the exciting part. She put the on-the-belly Doppler on us and we immediately heard our baby's sweet heartbeat. It was so loud, strong and fast! Dr. G said she thought the baby was a girl. We'll see if she is right - a lot of my friends think we are having a girl. Some days I think girl, others I think boy. Either way is 100% okay with me.

Chip asked me to tell Dr. G about this weird cough I have been having. She said it is acid reflux and put me on 150 mg of Zantac twice a day. It has made a huge difference the last few days! I am very grateful for that. No hugging the toilet for three days in a row!

Overall, the visit went awesome. Dr. G and the staff are all so sweet - and reminded me to call about anything, anytime. I appreciated that reassurance. Dr. G said everything is going great and to keep doing what I'm doing. Chip and I are both very grateful to be in the hands of such caring staff. Our next appointment is in a month. I do get to go to Texas in two weeks for my last appointment with Dr. D.

UPDATE:
I forgot to mention today's happenings! I went to get my bloodwork done (totally routine stuff) - I did not realize that I would be feeding vampires. Seriously - they took 6 vials. I am happy to report that I did not pass out and I treated myself to sweet tea for my bravery. :)

Blessings

  1. My in laws are coming tomorrow
  2. Lessened morning sickness
  3. Sunny days
  4. Big decisions
  5. A blessed life

No comments: