Sunday, January 17, 2010

On Being a Mommy

No one could have told me...well they did tell me and I didn't get it until I became a Mommy to Hayden...

...that the second Hayden was born I fell absolutely and completely head over heels in love with him and even deeper in love with Chip.

...that if it was physically possible, I would have jumped off the gurney to hold him the minute I heard his first cry.

...that the sound of his cry causes me physical pain - hair stand up on the back of my neck, my heart lurches, I leak milk and tears.

...when he just wants me - when the smell of me instantly calms him - I feel so happy and like a supermom.

...when he just wants his daddy - that makes me so happy too.

...that I would be so concerned over the color and consistency of his poop.

...that I would give up eating anything to make him feel better.

...that I would cry so many tears of happiness and helplessness.

...that Hayden's smile is the best thing on Earth - it lights up the room.

...that we would be blessed with such an amazing baby and that the second we had him - I knew this is what God wants me to do with my life - to love our little man and grow him in the Lord.

...that every penny and every second we spent trying to have him was 100% worth it and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

...that it makes me so happy Hayden is a mini-me of Chip.

...that this life we have - it's abundantly awesome and the small things really are the small things.

...that I cherish every moment with my family.

...that it would be so hard to put him down in his bassinet, in his car seat, in his swing, pack & play because all I want to do is look at him.

...that I would willingly get up early from a massage to feed my crying baby and, 5 minutes into feeding him, he passed out. We curled up on an armchair and took a nap while my Mom got her massage. Doing that and having that moment was worth more than the massage.

...that my life would feel so very complete.

...that I pray every night for my son and his future wife - I pray that he feels the same about us as I do about my parents and my in laws.

What about you? How has becoming a mommy changed your life?

No comments: