Monday, December 15, 2008

Home Again

We are back safe and sound from a flurry of activity in Texas. We went for a long weekend and the girls went to Camp Bow Wow for a dog-cation (which they loved). Does it make us obsessive dog owners that we stayed glued to the Camp's web cams watching our girls? Don't answer that.

We left Thursday and immediately loaded up on guacamole and Mexican food. I miss Tex Mex! Then it was off to meet Mary, the girls and baby Cade at dance class followed by a gluttonous evening at Babe's with the Baker family, my Mom, us and Alicia & Aaron. We went to check out Aaron and Alicia's gorgeous new home and I tried to steal their puppies, but they caught me.

Friday guess what we did? That's right - shopping! Breakfast at Rise n Dine, got my hair did, Funky Monkey, Cavender's and the mall. Friday night we spoiled our nephew, Nathan, and filled up on Red Lobster.

Saturday = more shopping. Note to self - mall on Saturday before Christmas = BAD idea. GOOD idea - lunch at Red Robin with Kathy, Phillip and Jessica. I got to rub Kathy's belly and see sonogram pictures of her twins - a boy and a girl! We also went to the girl's dance recital - so precious!! We had the Dawson side Christmas feast at my Aunt Cindy's and got serenaded by Zach on his trumpet.

Sunday was filled with... you guessed it - more shopping. What can I say - we don't have the same stores in Pittsburgh. They do not sell Tyler candles here which are my favorite ever candles. Oh yeah - and the Dees side Christmas. My mom's side of the family is an evil bunch when it comes to our gift exchange - we all steal each other's gifts. I love it! I also got to rub Danielle's belly (she is due in January) and nom on baby Gus' thighs. Major and Judge beat up on Chip. All I am good for according to those two is bringing Chip around. hehe

The only "bad" part of our trip was the plane ride back home. Our flight was SUPPOSED to leave DFW at 7:30 p.m. - actual departure time was 10:00 p.m., which put us getting home after 2:00 a.m. Needless to say, that is why this post does not make the most sense and has no photos (I left my camera in PA - argh!).

It was so wonderful to see friends and family - I just hate that there is never enough time to see everyone and do all that we want to do. I guess that means that everyone needs to come see us for some one-on-one time! Actually, we are planning a girl's trip to NYC in June with my family (including my wonderful MIL and SIL). I am excited about that!

Iowa friends - we will be in Iowa Christmas Eve/Day through the 30th - woo hoo! I can't wait to see everyone!

No comments: