Friday, July 17, 2009

16 Weeks (Blessings #31)

Time is going by so fast and yet so slow...I can't believe that we are already 16 weeks. I am almost five months pregnant - our jellybean will be here in 24 (or less) weeks. WOW!



This past week has been interesting with the symptoms I've had. I broke my face. Yes - you read that right. Actually, I broke a bunch of blood vessels in my face due to being violently ill after taking my prenatal one night. I went to work thinking I had a rash and a couple of my coworkers "diagnosed" me and saved me a trip to the doctor. Luckily, it's getting less red. So - if you get violently sick and break out in red freckles - rest assured it is most likely broken blood vessels and not a weird rash...



We also had another doctor's appointment this week and heard jellybean's heartbeat again. What a wonderful sound! We go back in two weeks and then (if everything looks good), I could get off pelvic rest after the anatomy ultrasound on August 7th. YIPPEE!!



In other news, my sweet best friend, aunt and sister in law are throwing us a shower in Texas in September. It touches my heart and is so sweet of them! My lifegroup is also throwing me a shower the Monday after (so I will have a long weekend stay) - I can't wait to see these sweet ladies again and show them the growing belly! Our precious miracle has been so prayed for and is already a very loved & blessed baby! I plan to start registering at Target and Babies R Us soon - at least for the basic stuff, I will register for the sex specific stuff once the anatomy ultrasound confirms the boy bits we have seen so far.

We are also looking for a rent house with a backyard for the girls. We weighed buying versus renting, but since we are not sure how long we will be here and with the housing market being so much more expensive here, we opted to rent. We will see how it goes and have faith that God will lead us to where we need to be.

Life is good here and we feel so very lucky. I am adjusting to living in the Northeast and am so thankful that I can be pregnant in Pennsylvania summer weather and not be suffering like some of my sweet friends in the Texas sweltering heat!! Texas had had record highs and we have been blessed here with some lower than normal temps. Seriously - Texas had a high 97 today and our high was in the low 80's and it's already in the low 70's at 7 o'clock at night. Texas friends - come visit!

Blessings
  1. PA weather in the summer
  2. More energy
  3. Being able to feel little flutters of our jellybean in my tummy
  4. Amazing friends & family
  5. Our awesome God

No comments: