TEN months! Where has the time gone? You are SUCH, SUCH a joy in our lives. Your little personality is blooming! You love to smile, adore the dogs and are a bit suspicious of people you don’t know. You also never, ever stop, except when you sleep.
- Your Grandma and Grandpa Texas came to visit you. You went everywhere with them: Falling Water, Amish country in Ohio, Sarris’ Candy, shopping, and playing. We all had such a fabulous time. They enjoyed every second with you and you ate up the attention. They also taught you to say “uh oh!” when you drop something. It’s your favorite saying right now and it makes me laugh.
- Your top two teeth are now in. Two more top teeth are starting to come through. You have started to use my shoulder as a teether, so we are working on learning that you give Momma kisses, not bites!
- You LOVE, LOVE to give big, huge, slobbery open mouthed kisses and hugs. I love it!
- You really love honking your Dada’s nose. It makes you laugh. Baby tossing is your favorite activity – that and hanging upside down like a monkey.
- You like to feed the dogs from your high chair. They run and sit pretty while you eat and you will hang food over the edge and just smile when you try to get it from you. You play a little game with them doing this.
- You still don’t really like your bottle, but we don’t worry about it, since you are really an amazing eater!
- You now do the FUNNIEST thing. You sit on your bottom and use your legs to scoot and spin in circles to get what you want. You will also get on all fours and rrrreeeaaaccchhh to what you want. You still don’t want to crawl. We are okay with that. There is no rush. You don’t sit still now and still get to everything you want. We will have to WATCH OUT when you get really mobile! We borrowed a walker with wheels thing from friends a few days ago and you figured it out this morning. UH OH!
- You LOVE to dance. You will scoot to whatever toy you have out that plays music, push the buttons and then raise your hands in the air and start dancing. ADORABLE!!
- You still get up a couple of times at night. It won’t last forever though, so it’s okay. I do enjoy the late night cuddle time.
- You are in size three diapers.
- Grandma and Grandpa Texas took you to Stride Rite to get you shoes. You let them know (LOUDLY) that you do NOT like shoes. At least now we know that you wear a size 3 ½ shoe, even if you don’t wear them.
- You are in 6-12 or 9-12 month clothing, but about to be in 12-18 in pj’s and any one piece outfits.
- You started your new school at a local church by my work two days ago. It was a hard decision, but we now get an hour to two hours more per day quality time with you. The new teachers love you so much already!
- We are debating and looking for a place to live. We think we might buy a house and are looking.
- You are an amazing little guy and I love you with my whole heart!
- A memory moment: two nights ago you woke up and Dada went in to soothe you. He rubbed your back as you lay on your back when you reached your hand back, grabbed his hand and pulled it your chest to hold on to as you fell back asleep. It was so sweet to watch that moment on the video monitor!
- Your smile when you see us and how you raise your arms up to tell us to hold you. I love it!
- You LOVE the dogs – they always make you smile & laugh and are so good with you.