Thursday, November 20, 2008

All is Calm, All is Bright (and right with the world)

I don't want to forget tonight.

I don't want to forget the feeling of sitting in a NFL stadium bundled up with my husband due to the generosity of our neighbors giving us their season tickets for tonight's game.

I don't want to forget looking at the pitch black sky above with perfect white flakes falling onto the fans decked out in black and gold.

I felt like I was inside a snow globe of Heinz Field and someone had shook the globe to make snow fall gently on the stadium. It was a surreal feeling.

I don't want to forget the thrill of watching a city in love with their team cheer that team to victory with Terrible Towel's waving in the air.

I don't want to forget walking in the snow across the Ohio River on a double decker bridge.

I don't want to forget feeling like we were on a movie set as we walked through a park where the snow was glowing from the streetlights.

I don't want to forget tonight, so that is why I am blogging about it at midnight when I have to get up and go to work tomorrow.

Tonight was a perfect night and I am so grateful for every moment.

No comments: