Thursday, October 30, 2008

One Thousand Ninety Six Days and Counting...

One thousand ninety six days is how long Chip and I have been married. One thousand ninety six days ago I was walked down the aisle wearing a beautiful gown, my Grandma's necklace and cowboy boots by my Dad to start the beginning of the rest of my life with my best friend, the love of my life, Chip. On that day, Saturday, October 29, 2005, our closest friends and family surrounded us with their love and support as they witnessed us taking our vows.

I am blessed beyond my wildest dreams with a man who is incredible. He is patient, understanding, kind, I could go on for days. Our families are both amazing! My family absolutely adores Chip and my parents truly feel that he is their son. Chip's family - they have welcomed me with open arms (Texas accent and all). His parents, Judy & Skip, are the nicest people - they are my other parents and I love them as much as I love my own. When I hear other's stories of their in laws, I just have to laugh and thank God for mine. What stories could I share? That they buy pink towels just for me? That they have Dr. Pepper and my favorite S'mores ice cream waiting when we pull in the driveway? You see - I can't compete. Actually, I would win best in laws hands down. Along with best parents who SPOIL the heck out of me. :)

Chip - I love you! I love you more than words can possibly say and now the entire internet knows (or at least those who read our blog). Thank you for being you - my hero, my rock, my strength, my love.

No comments: